Tuesday, May 5, 2009

Birds Galore

There will be a morning nature club this Friday, I know I talked to a couple of you about changing to evening - but not this month.

Sometimes my schedule feels like the birds that have arrived at the Arboretum. Go here; no over there! And be quick about it!

This Friday we will watch birds, find nests and ponder bird calls and bird behavior. I learn something new about birds everytime I take the time to be still and watch.

This is the time to see lots of birds at the Arboretum the air is full of calls, whistles and trills. The robin in this photograph made the mistake of putting her nest only 3 feet off the ground in a sycamore tree right beside a walking trail. 80 first graders tromped by today and after they scared her off the nest, all 80 of them looked at her beautiful eggs.

No comments: