Hello Everyone! I hope you all are having a great winter and getting excited for Christmas!
We have been having a lot of birds in our backyard recently. My aunt showed me how she throws out bread scraps, vegetable scraps, and lots of other food scraps. The birds love them! The birds also enjoy visiting the seed stars (see the last blog post for instructions) and the seed bagels (also see last post.) We also just saw two cardinals and a blue jay--we are very excited!
Here is one more bird project I can't wait to try! Thought I'd share it with you all!
Ice Ornaments for the Birds
Pour water (distilled freezes clearest) into a muffin tin or small bowl. For a hanger, fold craft wire or wire ribbon in half and twist ends. Bend hanger so it both rests in water and hangs over edge. Add fruit, such as pomegranate seeds, and carefully put container in freezer for 4 hours. For easy release, dip container in hot water. Straighten out wire, open loop slightly, and hang ornament outside. Start watching for birds!
I hope you all have a great winter in God's Creation!
Elizabeth A.
Monday, December 22, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment