We have found several poems that I thought you all might enjoy. The first one is a little song that Kay taught us at the Seed Nature Club.
Little Acorn
I'm a little acorn brown,
Sitting on a cold cold ground.
Squirrel came along and buried me,
And someday I'll be a tree.
I'm a nut. (Click, Click)
Wind and the Leaves by George Cooper
"Come, little Leaves," said the Wind one day,
"Come o'er the meadows with me, and play;
Put on your dresses of red and gold:
Summer is gone and the days grow cold."
Soon as the Leaves heard the Wind's loud call,
Down they came fluttering, one and all;
Over the fields they danced and flew,
Singing the soft little songs they knew...
Dancing and whirling the little leaves went;
Winter had called them, and they were content.
Soon, fast asleep in their eartly beds,
The snow laid a coverlet over their heads.
Leaves by Elsie N. Brady
How silently they tumble down
And come to rest upon the ground
To lay a carpet, rich and rare,
Beneath the trees without a care,
Content to sleep, their work well done,
Colors gleaming in the sun.
At other times, they wildly fly
Until they nearly reach the sky.
Twisting, turning through the air
Till all the trees stand stark and bare.
Exhausted, drop to earth below
To wait, like children, for the snow.
Friday, October 17, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment