Here is a link to the flowering plants we saw on our walk:Friday, July 11, 2008
Looking for Pollen
During the first meeting of this newly formed Nature Club, we went looking for flower pollen. We saw many native prairie plants in bloom, each with teeny-tiny flower parts yellow with pollen. Last week I saw a bumblebee with its legs thick with yellow pollen – it almost looked like the bee was carrying yellow balloons. I found a lot of bees around the purple coneflowers when I was actually out looking for butterflies. It sometimes seems like I go looking for one thing and get interested in another.
Here is a link to the flowering plants we saw on our walk:
Here is a link to the flowering plants we saw on our walk:
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
I really enjoyed taking the time to look closely at composite flowers. Next trip to a prairie you should look for sepals or just look at petals.
Post a Comment