So... what do you all do with those wonderful treasures that you bring home from nature walks?
We have dedicated a table to our nature finds. It is nice to have a place where we can put these as soon as they come into the house instead of chasing them around for days on end! We can also actually find the things we want to share with others. No more, "Where is that fossil we found?" I rotate things out as we find new things.
Right now we have a wooden bowl (seed pods, rocks, pine cones), a bowl of tadpoles, a bird's nest that had half a robin's egg in it until our cat found it, a Cecropia pupa buried in dirt (I'm afraid it has been parasitized and isn't coming out), a vase of scouring rush, a jar of fireflies, a praying mantis egg sac, and a wooly bear cocoon. We have our nature resources in the shelf underneath.
I try to house the items in something pretty - a nice vase or bowl, clear glass jars and bowl look nice, too - pardon the lovely peanut butter jar! Oh, in this picture, you can see how we aren't very good at putting our books away properly!
Just being real!
Jami
Right now we have a wooden bowl (seed pods, rocks, pine cones), a bowl of tadpoles, a bird's nest that had half a robin's egg in it until our cat found it, a Cecropia pupa buried in dirt (I'm afraid it has been parasitized and isn't coming out), a vase of scouring rush, a jar of fireflies, a praying mantis egg sac, and a wooly bear cocoon. We have our nature resources in the shelf underneath.
I try to house the items in something pretty - a nice vase or bowl, clear glass jars and bowl look nice, too - pardon the lovely peanut butter jar! Oh, in this picture, you can see how we aren't very good at putting our books away properly!Just being real!
Jami

2 comments:
Thanks for sharing this Jami. We use little canning jars and then old pickle jars. We also have a little wicker basket that holds other stuff. I think I should organize it better now. :)
God Bless~Danene
This is a very practical and useful idea! We will have to make room for something like this. Thanks for sharing!
~Annie~
Post a Comment