Wednesday, February 11, 2009

It's February

The warm weather we have been enjoying this week has put spring in my heart. Even though snow and cold may be in the forecast, I know that spring is coming and it is not to far away. I know it because I hear more birds singing, I see more squirrels scurrying around and the maple tree buds - aren't they looking bigger? I think that this time of year, this time when spring is almost here, is the best time of year.

This Friday, I have asked two friends to help with the nature club. Beth Waage, a naturalist with Dallas County will lead the morning walk. In the afternoon, Nancy Kunce, one of the teachers that helps me at the Arboretum will arrange the walk. They both know a lot about nature and they are looking forward to meeting you all.

I asked them to help because I am celebrating my anniversary this weekend and will be spending a long weekend at the Upper Mississippi River Wildlife Refuge north of La Crosse, Wisconsin. My husband and I will spend our "traditional" sweetheart weekend outdoors, enjoying this beautiful, unique part of the world. I promise to give you a full report when I return!

No comments: