This is a blog (let’s call it a web journal) I set up for the 2nd Friday nature club. I went ahead and gave the club a name, Heed Nature, which I think is very suitable.
I want all of the parents to look over the website and please send me (kay@thebrentonarboretum.org) any comments you have. My goal is to have some of the older kids learn to write posts, organize photographs and keep the journal up to date. So far, Jayde, Annie, Lily and Elizabeth will be journalists for the afternoon group,we still need a journalist for the morning.
Here are some things to notice;
The photographs are linked to http://flickr.com/photos/arboretum/ a website I use to post and share photographs of the Arboretum. The Heed Nature club photos are grouped together in a set so you can just see the nature club photos. The photos that are in the Heed Nature set now were taken by Jayde, Elizabeth and Claire.
Anyone can make comments by clicking on the word "comment" at the bottom of each post. Once there, you can leave your comment. You have a choice of leaving your name or being unanimous. This would be a great place to share other things you find during the month. I hope you leave your name, that way we can get to know each other.
On the sidebar, you will see a poll which I hope will allow families to let me know if they are coming.
Even though I won’t know exactly how many kids are coming, by counting families I will have a good idea of who is coming.
To see the home page, just click on the "Heed Nature Club" title.
No comments:
Post a Comment